Join Our Team!
Are you looking for a career where you are excited to go to work every day, earn a great living, and you can make a positive difference in people's lives?
Our mission is to empower our customers with knowledge, connections, and the confidence required to embark on a new sustainable career.
Full-Time employees enjoy benefits such as: Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, 401(k) plan, bonus potential, paid holidays and vacation, and a flexible schedule that allows for an exceptional work/life balance.
EmployU is a nonprofit employment service that empowers customers with the knowledge, connections, and confidence required to embark on a new sustainable career. We are structured as a one-stop-shop offering adult employment services, youth programs, employability trainings, paid work experience, and a variety of assessments. Our services enhance a customer’s ability to successfully achieve independence by establishing a lifelong career.
This is a full-time position that pays $16.25/hr. with the opportunity for a bonus. This position covers the following FL counties: St. Johns, Clay and Putnam.
The Young Adult Transition Coordinator is the direct liaison between employU and Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Counselors. The Transition Coordinator works to train job coaches, hold weekly team planning meetings, review payroll for clients and staff, sets goals for their area and assigns each Job Coach a monthly goal, runs caseload reports, reviews case notes, reviews Job Coach daily activity reports, coordinates new client intakes, ensures Plan and Agreements (P & A’s)/ Final Reports (FR) are submitted in a timely manner and that regular Pre-Placement Training and Self Advocacy classes are scheduled as needed for the area.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Organizes area Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) campaigns and works to develop new business relationships; assists the team to ensure appropriate and sufficient area MOU development.
- Coordinates the intake of new clients to ensure clear expectations are set, paperwork is completed accurately, and the new client is assigned to the appropriate Job Coach; assures the client is placed in appropriate OJT locations with the relevant level of support.
- Creates accommodations for clients to ensure OJT success to include: tasks lists, putting reminders on phone, modifying tasks based on client’s learning style, and others as needed.
- Works with supervisors at partner job sites to ensure any issues will be addressed as quickly as possible.
- Ensures good communication with client families so that they are aware of progress, challenges, or any issues that may arise in during services. Assists Job Coach’s with unique client situations and job sites to ensure things are resolved professionally and efficiently.
- Ensures correct number of classes are scheduled in the area to service clients with PPT and SA referrals; sends PPT and SA flyers to the area VR Counselors.
- Works with Job Coach’s to ensure all clients are receiving appropriate and sufficient support during their OJT’s.
- Reviews and sends P&A’s to VR for approval; ensures accuracy of P&A’s before being submitted for billing; assists part-time Job Coaches by creating P&A’s for them due to time constrictions.
- Reviews weekly reports to ensure all placed clients are being seen a minimum of once per week.
- Conducts staff training of new policies, procedures, and processes.
- Trains new Job Coach’s by using a layering approach to ensure basic fundamental skills are taught and mastered first before adding additional skills.
- Shadows each Job Coach quarterly to assess their job coaching, notes, communication, and provides feedback.
- Ensures all Final Reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Maintains regular contact with customers via cell phone, text or email to communicate appointments, scheduled interviews and to ensure support.
- Organizes, prepares, and conducts weekly team meetings to review payroll and comments reports; plans and assigns Job Coach’s with specific and achievable goals; implement training as needed.
- Organizes MPR meetings to allow team to get together to complete all MPR”s and create an activity notifying the MPR team that they are complete by specific date each month.
- Writes detailed case notes for clients by outlining all phone, text, or in person interactions.
- Attends Vocational Rehabilitation staffing meetings at their local VR offices and provides updates on each client.
- Provides follow-up as needed with VRC’s about pending billing, new OJT referrals, and closure of referrals.
- Ensures all team members are writing appropriate daily activity reports and cross reference notes to ensure data accuracy.
- Communicates with Transition Program Director to ensure any issues or challenges are addressed pro-actively.
- Manages Job Coach’s timesheets and assures staff are working within the limits of their agreed upon hours; ensures hours are consistent with their caseloads.
- Ensures all staff calendars are up to date.
- Manages special programs in their area as needed.
- Works with Career Camp Coordinator to schedule and staff Career Camps in area; completes Session Approval Forms for each scheduled camp; assists with the billing of CC’s in their area.
- Completes performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Other required duties as directed.
- Technical Skills
- Critical and Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication—Written and Verbal
- Sales Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education/Experience: Four years of successful experience and employment in counseling, job placement, job coaching or public vocational rehabilitation program OR Associates in Arts Degree from an accredited college or university and two years of successful experience and employment in counseling, job placement, job coaching or public vocational rehabilitation program OR Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and one year of successful experience and employment in counseling, job placement, job coaching or public vocational rehabilitation program
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Suite, Adobe and web-based database Systems
- Open availability required: must be available during days, evenings and weekends to work around students' school schedule.
- Ability to pass a level 2 background check
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, auto registration, auto insurance coverage-minimum ($50,000 property/$100,000 personal injury liability)
- Bilingual is a plus (English / Spanish); ASL is a plus.
- Confidentiality and the ability to manage multiple deadlines is required.
SUPERVISION: Supervises Young Adult Job Coach positions.
TRAVEL: Local travel required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
These conditions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Office environment and in the field at various business locations.
Physical: Frequently is required to sit and drive for long periods of time, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, lift up to 40 lbs.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.