Provides information to diagnose patient illnesses by operating radiologic equipment to produce radiographs.
Provide information to diagnose patient illness by operating radiologic equipment to produce radiographs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media, administering first aid, and using the emergency cart.
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; developing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Knowledge of procedures and protocols.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology necessary to perform testing including body mechanics and patient movement.
- Knowledge of equipment including safety hazards common to equipment.
- Knowledge of printing exams to CD/film
- Working knowledge of PACS system and CD burner.
- Knowledge of sending and storing images.
- Skill in positioning patients properly.
- Skill in identifying equipment problems and correcting or notifying the supervisor.
- Ability to apply written instructions and standardized work practices.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Abiltiy to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, physicians, patients and families.
Education and Work Experience:
- Graduate of accredited X-Ray program
- Minimum of two years experience in respective area required.
Certificates and licenses:
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) Certification
- Current Ohio License
- Current CPR certification
- Required to maintain CE requirements
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Scratch that off your list
You don’t think much about it until it strikes; the constant bother and even sleep deprivation can b…
Questions are the Answers in Geriatrics
Prioritize Your Questions Before the visit, write down your concerns or topics you want to discuss….
Chronically On Your Side: NOMS 360 to the Rescue
Of the many things that place NOMS squarely ahead of the healthcare curve, our chronic care manageme…
View All Stories
- News & Events
- NOMS 360
- About Us
HOW ARE WE DOING?
Your feedback is important to us. Help us improve our features and services at NOMS Healthcare.
- ACO Reporting
- Non-Discrimination Statement
Copyright © 2009-2021 Northern Ohio Medical Specialists all rights reserved.