Takes images and radiographs of the body utilizing radiographic techniques/positioning; assists radiological technologists in all modalities as needed: i.e. CT, MRI, US, Mammo, Flouro, Nuc Med, ECHO, DEXA, X-ray, etc. to assist the Medical Staff in the diagnosis of disease and injury. Assists with radiology clerical work: i.e. answering phones, scheduling and other duties as assigned. Works under the direction of the Radiology Director and the Radiologist. May be required to provide radiology services in outreach clinics.
- The essential functions of this job are identified with an asterisk (*) at the end of the bullet point.*
- Takes images and radiographs of the body utilizing radiographic techniques/positioning.*Assists radiological technologists in all modalities as needed i.e.: CT, MRI, US, Mammo, Flouro, Nuc Med, ECHO, DEXA, X-ray, etc.*Assists with radiology clerical work i.e.: answering phones, scheduling and other duties as assigned.*
- Actively works to reduce errors. Actively asks questions when need arises. Sets and meets individual/professional goals.*
- Minimal errors noted in documentation/use of HMS and Centricity. Completes all documentation in full at all times.*Performs with minimal supervision. Exercises good judgment.*
- Accepts direction well, is highly productive. Works independently as position requires. Accepts constructive criticism.*
Regularly attends monthly department meetings, 75% are required. When unable to attend, results are sought out. Is punctual for meetings and training.*
Required Education and Experience
- High School graduate.Must have current radiology Limited Scope operator license by the ARRT or be in the process of studying/taking licensure test
- Current BLS certification.Fairly diversified activities requiring intermittent sustained mental effort with organization and planning.
- Requires accuracy to such a degree that loss or damage through inaccurate work would be serious in time and supplies.
- Involves considerable accuracy and responsibility in relationship to the patients. At times, high emotional strain or tension may be encountered.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous radiology experience preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Professional written and verbal communication
- Expertise with computer data based
- Customer/Client Focus
- Ethical Conduct
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Stress Management/Composure
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
- Quality and Safety focused
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
40 hour work week, includes a mix of 8, 10, and 12 hour rotating shifts, with weekend and holiday rotation.