- Requisition no: 512696
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: Columbia Residential
- Grade: Working Superintendent
- Categories: Facilities/Maint/Trades/RealEs
- Job Type: Support Staff – Non-Union –
- Bargaining Unit: Local 32 BJ
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 40
- Salary Range:
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7am – 4pm; 24/7 on call
Responsible for maintaining all operating equipment in the premises: boiler, elevators, sprinklers, alarms, etc.
- Inspects facilities and equipment to determine the need and extent of service for all equipment, and maintenance of said equipment.
- Repairs and maintains equipment, common areas, and apartments as needed, as well as roof, fire escapes and any additional items pertinent to the efficient management of said property.
- Ensures building and maintenance supplies are adequately stocked, machinery, equipment and furniture are secured, and operational.
- Responds to tenant inquiries and is responsible for maintaining documents related to administrative functions as well as tenants work order requests.
- Completes all necessary paper work for all legalities, including documents for the fire dept. and any and all paper for proper licensing.
- Maintains and cleans apartments in full.
- Heavy lifting as well as the ability to move stoves and refrigerators.
- Snow shoveling is required
- Performs related duties as required.
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent, plus ten years related experience, which should include five years as a Handyperson and/or porter.
- Computer proficiency is necessary.
- Ability to attain Standpipe Certificate and; Sprinkler Certificate required
- No. 6 Boiler License required; No. 6 Fuel Oil Certificate of Fitness required.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Applications open: Feb 05 2021 Eastern Standard Time