Responsible for timely issue response, investigation and resolution regarding a wide variety of employee matters. This includes counseling employees and management team members on performance and conduct, policy interpretation, discipline/corrective action and internal investigations, and doing so in such a way that business objectives are supported, risk to the organization is mitigated, and working relationships between management and employees remain effective. Also responsible for investigating and responding to third-party charges, identifying employee morale issues, concerns and trends; and, when appropriate, escalating issues, concerns and trends to employee relations management, HRBP team members and/or other human resources leadership. Suggest modifications to human resources policies and practices to enhance all employees’ opportunities to contribute to business goals and objectives.
- Respond to, investigate and resolve a wide variety of employee matters. This includes educating, coaching and counseling employees and management on policy, procedures and practices; making recommendations on discipline/corrective action.
- Conduct internal investigations and craft written responses to third-party charges and inquiries with guidance from employee relations management and consultation from the law department.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects supporting department and business objectives.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s Degree- Human Resources, Business or related field of study
Experience as a human resources generalist or experience with employee/labor relations.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience handling employee relations matters, including:coaching and educating management and employees on policy, procedures and practices, including making recommendations on performance management and discipline; conducting investigations and responding to allegations of workplace harassment, discrimination or retaliation.
- Demonstrated experience leading collaborative, peer-based project teams
- Demonstrated experience participating on project teams
- Policy and procedure review, writing and re-writing
- Experiencing supporting multi-site and remote employees
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Sound knowledge of employment and labor laws, regulations, caselaw and their application in a large, multi-site, multi-state environment
- Ability to absorb and apply new learning, particularly related to company culture, policies, procedures and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to influence outcomes with patience, tact, follow-through, professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to problem-solve “people conflict” issues at all levels of the organization
- Ability to balance the tension between thouroughness/attention-to-detail and efficiency
- Ability to work in a work enviornment that is fast-paced, customer-focused, results-oriented, collaborative and highly-matrixed
- Ability to recover quickly from interruptions to resume focus on priority tasks.
- Able to work well as part of a collaboriate team, which includes being flexible and able to place the needs of the team or organization above their own personal interest.
- Able to navigate and collaborate in web-based environments such as SharePoint and Intranet portals. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.