What You Will Do
The Logistic Division is seeking an experienced and motivated Maintenance Manager 3 to provide technical leadership management for the LOG-CS as Work Execution Manager (WEM). Oversight management and administration of collective bargaining unit of employees.
- Power Plant Operators
- Pipe Fitters and Plumbers
- Iron Workers
- Sheet Metal Workers
- Floor Crew
- Stationary Mechanics
Concurrent with the WEM assignments managing the LOG-CS group, the selected candidate will occasionally be required to support the Group Leader managing Logistics and Craft business functions. These work execution requests involve not only Logistics Craft Resources, but also other support groups both internal and external to the Logistics Division. The candidate is expected to support a full customer service model that provides centralized coordination, management, and tracking of specific area needs to ensure the success of the Logistics and Craft deployment mission. Logistics supports maintenance, construction and programmatic groups with the support activities listed above. Candidate is expected to be versed in business processes and operational practices. Also expected to understand and adhere to LANL policy, state and NMED requirements for all Logistics operations. Maintain shop environment compliance for safety and security.
Provides a first line contact for LOG-CS customer concerns for Craft and Projects. Advises customers of suggested resolutions and works towards collaboration and concurrence to meet Craft needs.
Total Room and Warehouse Management:
- Work with Tool Room and Warehouse Manager to identify and stock critical spares and establish min/max recorder levels
- Manage Tool Room Operations and personnel
- Drive innovation and technical capabilities to maintain state of the art tool inventories for craft
- Oversee Craft Designated Procurement Representatives (DPR's) approximately 20 craft Listers
- Manage and oversee large volumes of procurement in support of maintenance and construction
- Approve requisitions and credit card procurement of approximately $1 million per month
Logistics Work Execution
- Project Management oversite of the majority of Logistics projects and maintenance of Logistics shops
- Includes modifications of facility and programmatic work
- Establish and manage preventive and corrective maintenance program for all central shop equipment
- Prepare and administer equipment replacement strategy
- Assist with the weekly Logistics Craft manpower schedule and all necessary resource balancing initiatives
What You Need
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the principles of Integrated Work Management IMP300.
- A thorough understanding of the Work Control processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in maintenance, construction in Nuclear or High Hazard Facilities
- Demonstrated understanding of government regulations affecting facility maintenance and management including, but not limited to general OSHA safety practices in relation to LANL safety policies, and facilities policies and procedures
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of critical core preventative maintenance functions and construction project management
- Demonstrated experience and ability to understand and interpret various civil, mechanical, and electrical documents, blueprints, drawings, and schematics.
- Must be able to prepare and present training, both technical and general, to large groups of senior supervisory personnel.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with facility management including systems engineering design and maintenance, safety/authorization basis, configuration management programs, work control, facility control systems, major construction projects, and upgrades and renovations.
- Experience and skill management, supervision, human resources and labor relations administration of assigned employees (both Craft and Non-Craft in a deployed or matrixed organization)
- In depth knowledge and experience conducting critiques, root cause analysis, and lessons learned
- Demonstrated ability to provide strong leadership, mentorship, prioritization, and management of assigned employees in a collaborative and participative environment to build strong teams
- In-depth knowledge of the Laboratory's organizational structure
- Demonstrated experience with LANL business systems for management and administration of personnel including timekeeping, payroll, budgeting, travel, training and certification, performance reviews, and payroll policies and procedures, related to Craft and non-Craft
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of maintenance program policy and procedure (P950 and resulting AP-Work series)
- Working knowledge of construction work scheduling and scheduling processes
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present safety and technical briefings to large groups of diverse workforce representative of all types and levels of workers.
Position requires a bachelor's degree and 5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Note to Applicants:
Please provide a comprehensive cover letter that details how you meet minimum requirements for the position.
Location: This position will be physically located in Los Alamos, NM.
Directive 206.2 – Employment with Triad requires a favorable decision by NNSA indicating employee is suitable under NNSA Supplemental Directive 206.2 . Please note that this requirement applies only to citizens of the United States. Foreign nationals are subject to a similar requirement under DOE Order 142.3A.
*Eligibility requirements: To obtain a clearance, an individual must be at least 18 years of age; U.S. citizenship is required except in very limited circumstances. See DOE Order 472.2 for additional information.
Regular position: Term status Laboratory employees applying for regular-status positions are converted to regular status.
Internal Applicants: Regular appointment employees who have served at least one year of continuous service in their current position are eligible to apply for posted jobs throughout the Laboratory. If an employee has not served the one year of continuous service, they may only apply for Laboratory jobs with the documented approval of their Division Leader. Please refer to Laboratory Policy P701 for applicant eligibility requirements.
Incentive Compensation Program: Position is eligible to participate in the Triad Incentive Compensation Program.