Location: Border of Magnolia and the Woodlands, TX
Job Shift: Day
Job Type: Full Time
Lincoln Manufacturing currently has an opportunity for a motivated individual to join our company as the Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant will report to the Controller. The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the Controller with the day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations of the Accounting /Finance Department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and post journal entries. Code certain invoices to be paid by AP Clerk and code one-off revenue received.
- Analyze total corporate expenses, including comparisons to forecasted results and trended results.
- Ad Hoc analyses as needed.
- General ledger accounting and reconciliations analysis.
- Month close cycle including journal entries and reconciliations.
- Review and process petty cash and credit card reports and receipts submitted on monthly basis.
- Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of the monthly variance reports.
- Perform general account analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as trended financial statements and interim bank financial reporting.
- Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting and keep current with developments and trends. Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting and to support the Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance / Accounting Department.
- Must be hands-on detail-oriented tasks and hold a bachelor’s degree or higher or have equivalent experience in accounting.
- Should be able to assist with the responsibilities and duties of the Payroll Administrator, as described in the Job Description of the Payroll Administrator, when needed.
- Must be a team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
The requirements include the following:
- Experience with Global Shop or similar ERP Software
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, accounting software user and administration skills
- Ability to read and write
- Medical, Dental. Vision, Life, Disability, Accident (eligibility – 1st of the month after 60 days of employment)
- Paid Vacation and Personal Leave
- Paid Holidays