Browning, an industry leader in the Shooting and Hunting Outdoor industry, located in scenic Mountain Green, Utah, is searching for a Windows Systems Administrator. This position focuses primarily on Microsoft products and technologies, and is responsible for administering core technologies of the company. Responsibilities include working extensively with the Exchange email system, the daily operations of the Windows domain, administration of Voice Over IP (VoIP) phone, and cloud based software and backup/disaster recovery systems. This position also ensures stable and reliable systems by thoroughly planning and conducting maintenance activities and upgrades.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Ensures stable and reliable systems.
- Works independently and supports day-to-day operations with minimal supervision.
- Coordinates efficiently with domestic and international teams.
- Plans, tests and coordinates upgrades, patching and maintenance activities.
- Provides excellent customer service through effective communications.
- Works with service desk to track issues, update tickets and ensure resolution of problems.
- Strives for continuous professional improvement through setting and meeting objectives.
- Works well with hardware and software vendors (technical support and purchases).
- Incorporates best practices in all activities.
- Provides ongoing monitoring and response. This position requires on call work.
- Recommends improvements to existing processes and find other ways to add business value.
- Logical and process oriented and a self-motivated learner.
- Undertakes responsibility beyond job description and embrace additional projects.
- Researches and recommends solutions to complex issues.
- Demonstrates strong technical aptitude and ability to adapt with changes in IT.
- Performs night and weekend work on occasion.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCY BASED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Responds effectively to changing constraints, and adapts own behavior to suit the situation in a timely manner. Understands the drivers of change and anticipates the implications of changing practical circumstances.
- Makes pragmatic decisions often based on range of factors, and able is to make decisions quickly where necessary based often on incomplete information. Demonstrates logic to back up decisions.
- Identifies ways to improve processes/situations, and takes responsibility for improvements or solving problems. Sets own standards above prevailing standards, and shows dissatisfaction with substandard or inefficient activities.
- Initiates and grows mutually beneficial relationships, and actively develops networks. Ability to focus on important issues only, and regularly refocuses on results. Demonstrates a drive to exceed performance targets.
- Evaluates alignment and identifies opportunities with a long-term vision, taking into account the wider operating environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent education and experience
- 5-7 years of experience with Microsoft products including Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange and Windows Domains in a VMware environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerShell, VBscript or other scripting languages
- Proven knowledge of Windows domain infrastructure including Active Directory, Printing, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies, etc.
- A thorough understanding of networking (TCP/IP)
- Knowledge of Backup and Disaster Recovery techniques
- Strong understanding of IT and network security
- Familiarity with cloud administration (Office 365, AWS and Azure)
- Solid abilities to troubleshoot network, hardware and software issues
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications (VoIP) a big plus
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
MCSE, MCSA, Cisco, Virtualization, Exchange
Apply to: [email protected], fax to: 800-234-2054, or mail to Attn: HR Office, Browning, One Browning Place, Morgan UT 84050-9326.