TITLE: Windows System Administrator – Applications & Systems
Location: Albany, GA
Certifications: Security+ & Computing Environment
The main function of a Systems Administrator is to be responsible for the administration of core systems as well as monitoring and repair of high performance computing systems. Ensures consistent and reliable operation including enterprise servers and network infrastructure.
- Provides wide ranging system administration in a multi-platform environment
- Responsible for general systems administration tasks including system configuration management, OS installations, security updates, urgent system patching
- Writes and implements scripts to automate tasks
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot hardware components that are problematic
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, network disruption awareness and predefined key processes
- Reviews system logs, application logs and security logs
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- 5+ years of overall experience.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- Builds, troubleshooting, software installs
- Windows Server 2008 & 2012, SQL, SharePoint, Oracle, Linux, Messaging services, LAN/WAN ect.
- Should be Very responsive and effective communicator
- On-call rotation