ABOUT THE RESORT AT PAWS UP
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop the Spa Operation Department’s business plan to support Paws Up and green o initiatives, enhance guest experience, financial planning, team member development, retention strategies, and operational excellence.
- Hire, train, and supervise Spa Operations department including recognition, coaching/counseling, and corrective action. Conduct interviews for all management positions. Effectively advise in hiring, promotions, wage adjustments, disciplinary actions, and terminations. Direct and instruct management staff in effective recruiting and interviewing techniques to ensure hiring and retention of qualified and efficient team members.
- Create environment that motivates employees to collaborate, learn, perform, and develop their skills. Develop a high-performing team through thoughtful team member professional development, effective timely performance assessments, and productive workflow processes. Identify and provide feedback on objectives and assess performance and service excellence. Create a compliance culture and foster an environment where team members feel empowered to report potential violations and/or misconduct. Promote excellent guest/team member relationships by reacting promptly, efficiently, and courteously to all guest and team member concerns.
- Oversee ongoing development and positioning of Spa offerings in terms of overall concept definition, philosophy, treatment and menu offerings. Review and refresh Spa product offering in line with current guest and industry global trends; anticipate and set future trends.
- Maintain high-performance work environment and provide leadership throughout areas of responsibility to insure optimum internal and external partner relationships.
- Responsible for inventory and revenue related to spa service, salon service, retail, spa facilities (including pool operations). Lead Spa management team in defining, tracking, and reporting on monthly, quarterly and annual key performance areas to proactively identify efficiency issues and propose solutions.
- Develop, review (with Compliance Department), and implement policies and procedures as well as Standard Operating Procedures. Monitor and ensure all Spa team members are properly trained to adhere to health and safety regulations from the Health Department, as well as industry-specific regulations for health, safety, and cleaning and sanitation. Oversee all day-to-day department-related operations including retail receiving, fulfillment, compliance, accounting, and management. Oversee cleanliness, health and safety of all spa facilities, retail area and dispensary for professional Spa products.
- Curate strategic, favorable and marketable membership, and wellness and fitness programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred
- Ten (10) years of experience in spa management is required
- Must have hands-on knowledge of retail/spa systems as well as human resources best practices and operations
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above
- Spa Wellness and Management Certification preferred
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to meet company driving policy
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Complimentary Meals
- Employee Discounts on Merchandise
- Employee Activity Discounts
- A great work environment in a beautiful luxury resort setting