Concrete Pump Repair, a Schwing Company located in North Branch, MN repairs, rebuilds, repaints, refurbishes, and retrucks many kinds of concrete pumps. We are currently seeking an experienced Welder to work at our North Branch location.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Completes daily welding assignments as directed by Lead or Manager
- Reads blue prints to determine required weld locations, components and layouts
- Operates all position, stick and wire welding equipment used in the department
- Welds component parts to pumps as required, referring to prints as necessary
- Performs grinding and deburring and polishing duties required in the process of producing finished, high quality welding projects.
- Reports immediately to the supervisor any problems that may affect safety, equipment, tooling, and quality
- Completes all proficiency requirements and passes all performance tests to become fully certified as a welder
- Inspects work periodically to insure that welds are consistent with approved levels of quantity and quality established by the company
- Obtains necessary materials and tools from the tool bin or storage areas and transports such to the workstation
- May manufacture prototype brackets to be used on new, changed or proposed products
- Repairs any re-weld to German DIN/AWS standard and field welding
- Operates bar code scanner/computer
- Minimum one year of vocational/technical education in welding, degree or certificate preferred
- Knowledge of German and American weld symbols
- Pass SAI welding tests to maintain a variety of welding certifications
- 2-4 years’ experience working with heavy construction equipment preferred
- Ability to follow directions and read instructions in English
- Ability to read and understand blue prints
- Technical knowledge of the equipment and tools is required
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong Attention to detail
- Own a complete set of welding tools and supplies
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance and a generous 401(K) Plan. If you have the passion to grow with an innovative company, we encourage you to apply now!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Welding: 5 years (Preferred)