Founded in 1906, over the last 110+ years' CEMEX has grown into a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Here at CEMEX we offer our employees competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental & vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance program and retirement plan options, along with over a century of stability to build your next career on! To learn more about our company culture and why you should join us, visit us at www.cemexusa.com/careers. For direct access to CEMEX Career Opportunities, visit us at https://jobs.cemex.com/.
Performs all types of mechanical jobs throughout the plant and quarry, during regular operation schedule and mechanical maintenance. Welding jobs include actual equipment and machinery and/or new pieces of equipment and structures needed for the normal operation of the plant and quarry. This job interfaces, on a daily basis, with the rest of the operations in this location. The employee holding this job must perform the work activities in a correct, accurate and timely fashion due to the fact that every single work activity in our line of business is crucial for the whole operation.
- Perform welding jobs using electric, acetylene and/or arc-air equipment evaluates and coordinates welding needs and repairs
- Identify and select necessary metal and equipment, including mechanical equipment
- Make and use sketches and drawings
- Perform pipefitting work, requiring welded joints or connections
- Perform steel structural work on buildings
- Perform maintenance modifications, cut and layout work
- Assist and performs emergency repairs throughout the plant and quarry
- Use bars, calipers, gauges, precision instruments, hand tools and wrenches
- Performs necessary repairs to welding equipment
- Inspects equipment reported malfunctions and carries out required repairs as needed
- Assist maintenance personnel during repairs and erection of metal structures
- Maintain necessary maintenance records
- Prevent damage to machinery, equipment, tools and material
- Lead one or more repairman welders during welding jobs and/or repairs
- Coordinate and oversee the work of other maintenance and plant personnel
- maintain a good housekeeping in the plant and work areas-using shovel and broom
- Replace or assist other workers as needed or directed
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor or Leadman
- Possess knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities
- 3 years of welding experience
- 3 year of industry related experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to carry out not only simple, but complex oral and written instructions and deal with problems from standardized situations and work experience
- Good mathematical skills, including basic math, fractions and conversions of four-five digit numbers and common units of measurement in both metric and decimal system
- Ability to read and understand English sufficiently to be able to read technical information contained in manuals, reports, and welding work related instruction, including safety issues and matters
- Ability to communicate well with supervisors, mechanics, leadmen, welders, maintenance personnel and co-workers and outside contractors
- Ability to operate standard and automatic welding machines, equipment, and powered mechanic tools
- To cut and mount fabricated components needed to repair equipment
- Ability to develop, read, and use mechanical, electrical, and structural sketches, blue prints, and drawings in order to perform repairs, structural metal modifications and/or erecting structures
- Ability to identify and select the appropriate metals and their properties, electrodes and any other necessary element and/or materials to perform the correct welding work and welding technique
- Ability to comprehend additional training in relation to the performing of the work duties
- Ability to develop other technical and management skills for future promotion
- High level of attentiveness and physical coordination to perform the work activities safely and productively
- Most of the work task (80%) are performed outdoor and subject to environmental and weather condition changes
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and/or moving of 75 pounds and over, with frequent lifting and/or carrying odd shaped objects weighing up to 75 pounds, and up to 50 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Electrical and mechanical knowledge to detect potential safety hazards and breakdown of plant and quarry machinery and equipment and respond accordingly
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Heavy Work-Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds or force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
EEO Statement – En Español
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, información genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.