Welder and Fabricator
Bancroft Engineering is seeking a Custom Machine Welder & Fabricator to join our team. This key role will work with a team of shop workers and engineers to construct a variety of standard and customized machinery. The ideal candidate would have a minimum of three years’ experience in the welding trade. This position involves the fabrication and assembly of custom and standard automated welding equipment.
- Assemble large and small electrical and mechanical systems.
- Read and interpret electrical, pneumatic and mechanical blueprints and schematics
- Positions parts in jigs or fixtures on bench or floor, or clamps parts together along layout marks.
- Performs a variety of welding techniques, primarily open table welding
- Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Operates machines, such as arbor presses, mills, lathes, drill presses, bench grinders, saws, shear, bender, pipe threader, forklifts and overhead cranes to perform assembly of standard products or custom machines.
- Uses drawings or work order to pick material and cut at saw to proper length.
- Minimum vocational or technical school certificate (or equivalent) in the welding trade
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in machine shop, performing machining on blocks, jigs, fixtures and sub assemblies for manufacturing.
- Knowledgeable in machine assembly techniques to ensure proper fits, clearances, finishes, travels, limits, lubrication, etc.
- Able to work in an organized, safe and productive manner and comply with all safety rules and guidelines.
- Understands written and verbal English and can speak effectively in front of customers.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Benefits and Wage:
- $18-$26 per hour, based on experience
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Long term disability and life insurance
- Simple IRA with employer contribution
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
About Bancroft Engineering:
Designers & Builders of Automated Welding Equipment
Bancroft Engineering has been building standard and custom arc automated welding and cutting systems for over 50 years. Located in Waukesha, we have supplied an extremely diverse customer base with arc welding and cutting solutions using the:
GMAW, GTAW, SAW, and PAW welding process as well as compressed air and high definition plasma cutting. We supply companies involved with: construction equipment, hydraulics, pressure vessels, compressors, military components, exhaust systems, wheels, motor housings and others.
We offer standard as well as custom designs for our automated welding equipment which covers simple rotary and linear drives with DC motors, to multi-axis servo systems with touch screen controls and integrated welding robots. Most of these systems are supplied with integrated tooling all designed and built in our plant in Wisconsin.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $26.00 /hour
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift