Sets up and operates power press and assist in the operation of fabrication equipment (brake, shear & lasers) to trim, punch, shape, notch, draw or crimp metal components according to specifications.
Role & Responsibility
- Assembles, installs and aligns dies in press according to specifications.
- Adjusts ram stroke to specified length.
- Positions work piece against fixture or stops on machine bed or on die.
- Starts press and observes operation to detect misalignment or malfunction.
- Inspects work pieces for conformance to specifications, visually or with gauges or templates and makes needed adjustments to the machine.
- Cleans and maintains machine.
- Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with safety rules and regulations.
- Keeps work area clean, orderly and follow 5S schedule.
- Must be able to operate a walk behind forklift and a lift truck. Operators are required to maintain annual OSHA forklift training.
- Must fill out daily production sheets as well as the 5S metric boards for their specific cell.
- Must follow Red Tag procedures.
- Must accurately scan and record information in the Oracle inventory system per there processes.
- Required to correctly identify and label parts for their specific area with correct quantity and location.
- Assists in the instruction and training of others as requested by supervisor.
- Completes preventative maintenance and other duties as directed by Total Production Maintenance.
- Perform other non-essential duties as assigned by management.
Education & Qualification
Education (including major)
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
Knowledge & Skill
- Must be able to follow established methods and procedures and perform work accordingly.
- Must have the ability to work rapidly and under time pressure for extended periods of time in order to meet build requirements.
- Must possess the ability to read build sheets and blueprints.
- The ability to communicate with supervisors and fellow workers in both written and verbal forms at a level normally acquired through the completion of high school or equivalent is required. Job specific skills, techniques and safe work and equipment operating practices are learned through on-the-job and classroom training. General instructions are given on recurring duties, operations or assignments; detailed instructions are given on new duties, operations or assignments.
- < 10%
- Single-Site (One Location)
Prerequisite Training Course
- Training course & level (High/Mid./Low)
Work is performed in a shop environment. Conditions include proximity to moving and mechanical parts, exposure to high noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection and exposure to vibration through the use of tools and equipment. Subject to air and skin exposures to chemical hazards and atmospheric conditions that may affect the respiratory system such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists and gases. Required to wear personal protective equipment.
The overall level of work for a small press is defined as light to medium duty. Employees are expected to exert 11 to 20 pounds and/or 21 to 50 of force occasionally, and/or negligible to 10 and/or 11 to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. The overall level of work for a medium/large punch press, brake press and shear, is defined as medium to heavy duty. Employees are expected to exert 21 to 50 and/or 51 to 70 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 11 to 20 and/or 21 to 50 pounds of force frequently to move objects.
Doosan Bobcat, a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture and landscaping equipment, attachments and services, is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is home to world-renowned brands. This includes: Bobcat® compact equipment; Doosan Portable Power products; BOB-CAT Mowers; Ryan and Steiner grounds care equipment; and Geith attachments.
At Doosan Bobcat, our success is powered by our people. Through our winning culture and one global team working together, we deliver the best products and service to our customers – and make the world a better place. Join our team today and start building your career with a worldwide leader.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.