A well established 3PL courier company has an opening for an experienced Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative to work remotely for weekends. We are a growing same day courier company that services the Medical, Commercial, Industrial and Retail customers. The Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative manages the day-to-day and long-term operations and Independent Contractor Drivers within the organization.
Responsible for ensuring efficient and on time package delivery through the management of drivers, customer phone and online orders and achieving successful on time results by developing and continued oversight of the I/C drivers.
Only applicants with dispatching experience will be considered.
Required Skills include, but are not limited to: performance evaluation and addressing driver concerns and staff productivity.Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the weekend operations of the Branch.Responsible for managing and assigning drivers to ensure the efficient and on time delivery of packages.
Handling of customer inquiries, orders and special instructions.
Minimizing operational cost and maximizing operational quality.
Determines opportunities for improvement of key metrics and executes action plans to achieve results.
Ensures company's service goals are met.
Ensures all information within the branch is collected, stored and reported accurately and timely according to established administrative processes.
Customer service skills necessary to effectively and professionally respond to requests and issues.Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various audiences and ability to effectively provide driver instruction on process and practice.
Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
Ability to maintain a working knowledge of relevant technology-based projects, including various devices and computer-based applications.
Minimum Education * High school diploma or GED required;
Minimum Experience * MUST HAVE Two (2) year previous dispatch experience required.
Preferred Experience: Working Knowledge of TSA requirements and airport shipments.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $50.00 – $100.00 per week
- Night shift
- On call
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Dispatching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Develop efficient routes to ensure that deliveries are made in a timely fashion
- Maintain contact with drivers throughout their shifts and address any routing issues they might have
- Monitor road conditions, construction zones, and accidents in order to revise routes as needed
- Update customers on the status of their deliveries including any delays that occur
- Answer calls from delivery drivers and relay any emergencies they have to the appropriate channels
- Other duties as requested
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place