- 4+ years of professional experience in software development utilizing object oriented design in a modern programming language.
- 3+ years developing applications for web services or applications.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute in building full-stack “serverless” and microservices-based applications, advanced learning solutions, and much more from the ground up using cutting-edge technologies. We are looking for highly motivated web development engineers to bring in their ideas and experience to help us reach our goals. Talk to us to learn more about the full spectrum of applications and technologies we are working on!
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Design, develop, and maintain internet-scale web applications on AWS; focus on API use, influence API designs, develop infrastructure and test automation, and simplicity.
- Integrate our systems with core Amazon services for e-commerce, identity, and security, leveraging technologies from one of the largest websites in the world.
- Invent new services for global e-commerce and infrastructure projects.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand their requirements, and identify opportunities to improve business processes through software automation.
- Collaborate on our technology roadmap, turn visions into reality.
- Manage small and medium-sized technical projects with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate extraordinary people skills.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field.
- Clear understanding and emphasis on customer-centered usability and design.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, looking for problems to solve with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with Angular.js, React, Node.JS, jQuery.
- Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience.
- Demonstrable track record as an owner: someone who can take a concept and make it real.
- Experience and proficiency with AWS technologies (S3, EC2, DynamoDB, RDS, CloundFront, CloudSearch).
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including Agile development, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Track record of designing and building scalable software systems.
- Demonstrated experience with computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, etc.).
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age