McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean Defense’s Fleet Introduction Project provides Precommissioning Support to ship’s Prospective Commanding Officer, Executive Officer and Department Heads for administrative and technical services. Fleet Introduction work is performed in an integrated support team environment that includes government and McKean Defense teams that work closely with PEO SHIPS, Supervisor of Shipbuilding, Shipbuilder and the ship’s crewmembers. Candidate will provide Engineering Waterfront Support as follows:
- Coordination and assistance with SUPSHIP, Ships force, PEO, and SURFOR in fleet requirements not reflected in build requirements. This will require in-depth knowledge of build contract, ship specifications, NVR, HSNC rules and all fleet requirements.
- Engineering support includes LTT, CREW CERTS, ATG and Squadron visit coordination for work with the Crew in regards to any waterfront requirements (before and after move aboard).
- Provide ship checks as requested by PEO, ATG, and Ships Force.
- Assist with administrative program reviews and implementation IAW ATG ASA check sheets.
- Assistance with tag out transfer from ship yard to ships force.
- Assistance with LOA cold/hot check evolution process and choreography to include contractor performed checks.
- Assistance may be required for all ship force departments.
- BS or 6 years work experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Must be able to physically maneuver on board US Navy ships including accessing high and confined spaces and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Candidate will need to organize tasks and services and be able to work with competing priorities.
- Experience with the MS Office suite of software, including Outlook, Word, Excel and ACCESS.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are essential in this team orientated-customer service position.
- An active Secret clearance is required to start work.
- Must have experience as an engineer knowledgeable of US Navy operating, certification, training and administrative procedures; senior enlisted engineer with main propulsion, electrical or auxiliary engineering experience, CWO, LDO, or shipbuilder operator is a plus.
- Understanding of ship building contracts, build specifications and contract deliverable requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.