We are seeking qualified candidates to temporarily work as Order Fulfillment Specialists in our Glendale Heights warehouse. You’ll work in a collaborative team environment and serve a vital role in business operations. This position is TEMP TO HIRE.
Typical shifts are from 7:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday with overtime as needed.
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
- Fill requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to a designated route driver storage area.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Mark materials with identifying information using the appropriate method.
- Open bales, crates and other containers.
- Manage inventory in the computer program.
- Maintain quality of service by following operational standards.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Assist in the counting of physical inventory.
- Weigh and count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Complete requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
- Prepare parcels for mailing.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to multitask with attention to details.
- Self-motivated with exceptional attendance and punctuality.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication abilities.
- Some warehousing and forklift experience is a plus
- Experience working on a team
- Time management skills; experience working on a deadline
- Strong organizational skills
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)