Rate of Pay: $11 – $14 depending on experience.
Join the fastest growing and most exciting team in the city! Retail Rebel offers a daily treasure hunt that our customers rave about and our associates love. Break away from stuffy, traditional retail and become a leader in a store that provides a shopping experience like no other.
The Utility Associate acts as a service provider to our customers and associates. The Utility Associate presents themselves in a positive and professional manor and ensures a safe and secure shopping environment is offered at all times. The Utility Associate will also provide floor set up and tear down, maintenance and janitorial services to the retail stores and other duties as assigned by the store Manager to maximize profitability and raise customer satisfaction while protecting company assets.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure a safe and secure shopping environment
- Provide excellent customer service, greet and assist customers.
- Use forklift or pallet jacks to stock the sales floor and load and unload trucks.
- Former forklift license required
- Ensure that all merchandise is shop-able – bins are free of excessive clutter and trash.
- Clean the store, take out trash, dust and mop store floors, clean restroom and stock room, and set up in store displays.
- Ensure sharps, foods, cleaners and fragile items are managed at all times.
- Must be able to perform general maintenance to the store including patching drywall, fixing minor store issues, changing light bulbs, etc.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Forklift certification and use of pallet jack
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Understanding of security policies and practices.
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate store processes and pricing to customers.
- Ability to stock and merchandise goods.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Previous Security experience in a retail setting required
- Forklift experience required.
- Previous maintenance and janitorial experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Frequent walking and standing.
- Frequent bending, stooping and kneeling, merchandise goods, cleaning and load/unload trucks.
- Use of merchandise handling equipment such as forklift, pallet jack, two-wheel dollies, and box cutters.
- Proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Occasional climbing (using ladder).
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.