As one of the largest public refrigerated warehousing companies in the U.S., Henningsen Cold Storage delivers award-winning refrigerated logistics through a national warehouse network totaling more than 60 million cubic feet of multi-temperature controlled storage.
- Direct and assign work; set performance objectives and monitor performance of all warehouse team members.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training, appraising, and coaching team members. Ensure retention standards are met.
- Manage WMS to achieve optimum efficiencies related to zoning and use of Red Prairie.
- Prepare operational schedules and coordinate activities.
- Provide a safe work environment through personal actions. Identify any safety concerns, as well as cost-saving opportunities.
- Represent the Company to all warehouse customers and maintain positive relationships.
- Ensure that care, custody and control procedures are in place. Monitor operational performance.
- Manage inventory thru cycle counts and resolution of inventory discrepancies.
- Promote open door policy and team environment.
- Perform activities of workers supervised.
- Other duties as requested.
Preferred Education/Experience/Additional Skills:
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in warehouse or grocery/food distribution.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Operate and train on forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Proven success in identifying and implementing potential efficiency gains and increasing business unit profitability
- Proven ability to develop and maintain positive customer relations.
- Proven ability in effectively leading, coaching, mentoring and developing a team.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Knowledge of industry best practices within a distribution environment and working knowledge and understanding of refrigeration standards.
- Ability to identify the strengths of others, and coach/mentor them into a role that will capitalize on those strengths.
- Ability to identify inefficiencies and implement changes
- Highly developed self-awareness with a continuous improvement philosophy
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with warehouse management systems
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced communication skills, both written and oral.
Henningsen Cold Storage offers a great benefits package including:
- Healthcare – Medical, Dental, Vision, RX with low out of paycheck costs.
- Vacation, Sick, Holidays, Personal Holidays
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- Competitive Pay
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume outlining your skills, abilities, education and employment history in PDF format.
Job Type: Full-time
- forklift: 2 years (Preferred)
- warehousing/distribution: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply