PLEASE APPLY @ /www.harborfreight.com/employment-opportunities.html
Our Associates (part-time) support the leadership team through operational execution and delivery of a rewarding customer experience. Our Associates (part-time) are part of a retail team of high‐achievers, who have a passion for excellence, continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. They are expected to embrace our Mission Statement and Success Drivers for the Associate (part-time) position and demonstrate Harbor Freight Tool’s Core Principles.Responsibilities:
- Consistently exhibit expected behaviors to exceed financial goals
- Participate in company programs
- Participate in special events
- Proficient in all assigned areas of responsibility
- Accurate and timely completion of workload
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Exhibit job proficiency and expected behaviors
- Contribute to a team atmosphere
- Provide a helpful customer experience
- Ensure items are in-stock
- Ensure items are priced right
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized retail store
Success Drivers Action Oriented:
- Is action oriented and full of energy for the things they see as challenging
- Enjoys working hard
- Shows initiative
- Is calm and professional under pressure
- Does not become defensive or irritated
- Acts with internal and external customers in mind
- Understands how operational execution directly affects the customer experience
- Establishes and maintains relationships with customers and associates through respectful and effective communication.
Shared Duties: Profit Maximization
- Adherence to Injury Illness Prevention Program
- Assist in execution of Physical Inventory Standard Operating Procedure
- Commitment to continued learning and self-development
- Drive and support teamwork
- Meet Customer Experience expectations
- Execution of store recovery standards
- Execution of daily cleaning checklist
- Execution of:
- Display Planner
- Execution in accordance with Standard Operating Procedure:
- Floor First Receiving
- Cycle Counts
- Other duties as assigned
- Participate in:
- Name Collection
- Extended Service Plan Program
- Inside Track Club Program
- Efficient processing of point of sale transactions
- Act as witness for till, safe, and deposit counts
- Retail or Customer Service experience preferred
- High School graduate/Equivalent preferred
- Ability to communicate with customers and associates in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Ability to intermittently lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Requires standing and moving for an entire shift.
- Ability to lift, bend, kneel, climb, crawl and/or twist.
- Ability to safely climb up and down a ladder.
- Ability to become forklift certified and physically able to operate a forklift in accordance with IIPP.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, holidays, overnights and weekends as necessary to meet the needs of the retail business.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
About Harbor Freight Tools
At Harbor Freight, we deliver the quality tools and affordable prices that hard-working Americans need to build, fix and create. We all work together to help them get the job done and make ends meet. We’re also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to the communities that we serve.Harbor Freight Tools is different, we’re not your typical retailer, we are a large company with a start-up feel that provides a collegial and collaborative environment dedicated to high achievement. We are committed to support and promote people based on their relative contribution, skill set and accomplishments and firmly believe in generous pay for performance compensation and building long-term careers. We’re a 40 year-old, $4 billion company – on pace to $8 billion in the next few years. We have over 750 stores nationwide and are opening a new one every three days. If your ego is in check, you are an open-minded partner, aren’t afraid to get into the weeds to learn and understand our culture and have a desire to join our history making enterprise, then we’d love to talk to you.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour