- We have an opening for an on-call WAITER/WAITRESS position.
Location: Sony – 10202 W Washington Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232. Note: online applications accepted only.
Schedule: On-Call Schedule; Monday thru Friday, Lunch Only 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM, No Weekends!
Requirement: Previous fine dining experience is preferred.
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Wolfgang Puck Catering is the nation’s most celebrated and prominent catering entity. We offer a unique combination of restaurant, catering and special event experience to our guests. Our team of chefs, planners and servers are supreme producers, dedicated to the celebration of life through good food and welcoming hospitality. Working for Wolfgang Puck Catering will allow you the opportunity to work with GREAT people like yourself! You will be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the ‘job search’ in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on ‘referral tracking.’ For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email [email protected]. Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
Summary: Takes food and beverage orders and efficiently delivers items to dining room guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promptly and warmly greet guests in the dining room; takes food and beverages in an efficient manner, following established steps of service.
- Delivers food promptly and professionally; maintains safe food handling and sanitation standards. Follows up periodically to assist with any additional needs or requests.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of menu items and ingredients. Advises guests on appropriate combinations of food and drinks when requested; accommodates reasonable requests and notes preferences. As needed, demonstrates knowledge of specialized diets and allergens.
- Communicates directly with back-of-the-house staff to ensure that orders are delivered correctly and special requests are accommodated.
- Exhibits exceptional communications skills and demonstrates ability to get along well with others. Remains flexible and patient when communicating with guests and staff.
- Collects tickets and follow proper cash-handling procedures.
- Promotes a clean, safe and neat environment for guests.
- Maintains a high level of sensitivity and confidentiality regarding personal or medical information that is shared.
- Promptly addresses complaints or issues; relays relevant information or complaints directly to supervisor.
- Ensures that the dining room is properly set up prior to and after the service period; keeps area clean and neat while meeting established sanitation standards.
- Operates a variety of equipment, including fire extinguishers, telephones, iced tea/soda machines, soup wells and coffee machines.
- Works with staff of other departments to perform job duties during special events and functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 285141