The Banquet Support – Wait Staff will provide prompt and courteous service to all customers. Provide customers with efficient and attentive service while exceeding the customer’s expectations. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Greets and seats customers.
- Presents customers with menus.
- Serves food to customers at a limited number of tables, using proper rules of etiquette.
- Makes appropriate meal and beverage suggestions and answers questions regarding food preparation.
- Writes a food check and/or memorizes the order.
- Relays the order to the kitchen.
- Accepts payment, refers customers to the cashier or operates the cash register.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment and assists in clearing and resetting tables.
- May carve meat, fish or poultry and/or prepare flaming dishes and desserts.
- May carry and distribute supplies and equipment.
- May assist others in the preparation of foods and properly store food.
- May total bills and may be asked to respond to complaints regarding food or service.
- May operate dishwasher or assist with washing dishes, glassware, silverware, utensils, pots and pans.
- May assist with stocking food inventory.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 0 to 1 year related experience.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to listen carefully to their customers’ orders, explain drink and food items and make menu recommendations.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.