Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The VP of Finance and Accounting is accountable for the financial, risk management and administrative operations of the company, the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. As a strategic partner of the GVL Executive Leadership team, the CFO works closely with all GVL functional teams to ensure the overall success of the organization. Through excellent leadership, this person will drive growth in the business and improved customer satisfaction.
- Provide analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities
- Provide insightful and trusted counsel to the CEO, Executive team, management team and investors on both financial and broad-based business issues related to the overall performance of the Company
- Develop credibility for the Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, Financial reports and Financial trends in order to assist the CEO/President, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities
- Serve as a key member of the Executive Leadership team in providing input to management peers regarding the financial implications of all major business decisions, as well as strategic input in shaping the Company’s business objectives
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter
- Establish a solid financial foundation with appropriate systems that will allow the business to grow effectively (organically and through M&A) over the next several years
- Oversight of all Finance and Accounting functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or similar field required; MBA in Finance preferred
- Experience partnering with an executive team in providing input to the CEO, Board, and management peers regarding the financial implications of all major business decisions, as well as strategic objectives
- Recent experience as lead of Finance and Accounting or #2 at a fast growing SaaS or software company, with strong familiarity with software revenue recognition, metrics, and best practices
- Diversity of experience and exposure to a wide range of complex business models
- Application SaaS and Software industry experience is preferred, but not required
- Strong FP&A skill set with analytical, intellectually curious mindset
- Business and operationally oriented
- Ability to develop and implement systems, tools and processes increasing business clarity
- Prior experience within a company that is backed by Private Equity investors is preferred but not required
- Strong communication and team building skills
- Entrepreneurial with a high level of energy, and unrelenting drive to succeed and win
- Ability to be both a leader and hands on “doer”
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards
- Located in or willing to relocate to Iowa
GVL provides animal health practitioners with unique, web-based software solutions that simplify processes, compliance and communication. Thousands of veterinarians save time with GVL, reducing errors and compliance issues, retaining client information and records in a searchable account, and providing clients with online and mobile access to their documents. GVL connects veterinarians, producers and animal owners, state animal health officials, feed distributors, veterinary diagnostic laboratories and other animal health industry partners to improve animal wellness and safety.
GVL currently operates in the US and Canada.
GVL’s vision is to be the world’s most trusted, secure and independent source of animal health data. GVL believes that all employees contribute to the good of the company. In reflection of this, GVL’s company core values encourage each employee to be Accountable, Spirited, Inspired, Dedicated, and Respectful.
GVL has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisor as deemed appropriate.