***Position based in Fishers, IN.*** Onsite position. No Remote. Will consider candidates that are open to relocation.***
The Vice President, Foreclosure is responsible for oversight and compliance of the foreclosure process from foreclosure referral through foreclosure sale. They are also responsible for coordinating, monitoring and the management of the Foreclosure staff which includes Foreclosure Milestone and Default Referral Specialists. This includes ensuring all investor/insurer requirements are completed both accurately and timely and in accordance to their guidelines from referral to the law firm, first legal filing, and through the foreclosure sale.
Essential Job Functions:
- Management and leadership of people and process, with an emphasis on developing and refining strategy
- Carrying out management responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies, applicable laws and the company’s overall guiding philosophy
- Leads change within the department by regularly challenging the current business approach and service delivery to improve quality and efficiency
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the Foreclosure and Default Referral processes including but not limited to; timely referral to law firms, reviewing referral hold population, achieving 1st legal deadlines, achieving investor/insurer foreclosure timelines and management of attorney network
- Acting as a coach to the staff and motivating the group to achieve the desired results
- Performing hands-on training of all new hires in their charge
- Conducting periodic desk reviews and completing semiannual and annual performance reviews
- Load balancing workloads according to foreclosure volumes
- Assigning workloads to the foreclosure personnel for processing
- Writing letters or approving letters for use in the foreclosure department
- Assisting subordinates with foreclosure activities on difficult cases
- Examining quality of work conformance to policies and procedures
- Studying and standardizing procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates
- Monitoring foreclosure attorneys and their quality of service
- Manage attorney scorecard rebuttals, work closely with Vendor Management to ensure attorney scorecard compliance
- Directly managing employees in the foreclosure department
- Interviewing and hiring new employees
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws
- Exhibiting a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook/Word, Excel, Fiserv, Tempo and Business Objects
- Reviewing and responding to internal and external Quality Audits
Other Related Duties:
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Manages staff and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsible for one or more departments or programs. Directs more complex and varied work. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a Four (4) year College or University preferred
- Minimum 10 years of hands on default mortgage experience and 7-10 years management experience required
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess highly developed leadership skills, combined with the ability and willingness to be an individual contributor as well.
- Strong technical ability to use MS Excel and other analytics/reporting tools
- Proven ability to provide strategic direction and strong execution skills
- Ability to travel
Freedom Mortgage is a privately held, full-service residential mortgage lender licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. We are one of the largest and fastest-growing privately held mortgage companies in the country, as well as a top 5 residential lender in the USA. Freedom Mortgage currently services more than 225 billion dollars in loans. And we are continuing to grow! Freedom Mortgage is proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine’s, Inc. 5000 rankings for the fastest growing private firms in the nation for six consecutive years (2013-2018).
Freedom Mortgage has over 4000 employees and offices nationwide. Locations include suburban Philadelphia (we have multiple sites in Southern New Jersey) and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces (The Indianapolis Star named Freedom Mortgage at Top Workplace four years in a row). We also have large operating centers in Melville, NY; Jacksonville, FL; San Dimas, CA; and Tempe, AZ; and Columbia, MD
Freedom Mortgage team members enjoy our total rewards program, including excellent benefits, perks, business casual dress, rewards programs, training, development and career opportunities. Community spirit is one of our shared values and Team Freedom Cares is our philanthropic arm helping us get involved in the communities in which we operate. Learn more about us and apply!
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans