YAI is a network of agencies offering people with intellectual and developmental disabilities a comprehensive range of services across all ages. YAI empowers people with disabilities to reach their goals every day. Our enthusiastic staff of 4,000 professionals believes that everyone has a fundamental right to live, love, work, and learn. If you share our vision and want to help support people to live the fullest lives possible, YAI will be the right place for you.
The Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for all aspects of the management and ongoing development of Volunteer Services.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage all aspects of the Volunteer Program including, but not limited to, identifying volunteer opportunities, recruiting, screening and onboarding volunteers, and oversight of volunteer events
- Ensure that all regulatory, compliance and programmatic requirements are met
- Set-up systems to track, train, communicate and evaluate volunteers, prepare related reports as needed and establish a volunteer recognition program
- Maintain constituent and volunteer database in Salesforce
- Market, promote, and support volunteer initiatives throughout the YAI Organization
- Manage existing volunteer relationships, develop system to survey areas of the agency for volunteer utilization, and identify new opportunities for volunteer engagement.
- Communicate regularly with potential and existing volunteers, stakeholders and constituents to maintain and/or increase involvement
- Work collaboratively with staff throughout the organization to accomplish goals and objectives of Volunteer Program
- Commitment to the mission of the YAI and ability to promote and communicate Volunteer Program initiatives internally to YAI Network staff and to families, government partners, community groups, and the business sector
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) and 3 – 4 years relevant experience in nonprofit volunteer recruitment and management
- Proven ability to work and make decisions independently and effectively develop and manage multiple projects
- Superb presentation skills, excellent organizational, writing, and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and persuasively
- Strong interview and assessment skills
- Strong team player, must be able to collaborate effectively and support others in making decisions/reaching consensus
- Proficiency in Office 365, and use of database programs required
- Availability to work at least one evening during the week and at least one Saturday a month to accommodate applicants that cannot be interviewed during business hours
- Assist in volunteer trainings as needed