Corbin, KY 40701 USA
The Office of Vocational Rehabilitation empowers individuals with disabilities to maximize employment, achieve economic self-sufficiency and independence, and to contribute back to society. We also help businesses and employers recruit, retain and accommodate employees with disabilities.
We are seeking a Voc Rehab Counselor to provide rehabilitation counseling services for individuals who have one or more disabilities who are seeking to prepare for or retain gainful employment.
- Develops Individual Plans for Employment (IPEs)
- Collects, evaluates and interprets medical, psychological, vocational and other reports to determine eligibility for services
- Assesses consumers to determine the vocational rehabilitation services they need to enter into, or retain employment
- Assesses consumer needs for rehabilitation technology
- Works to provide information to consumers concerning individual responsibilities and terms for services
- Develops and maintains case documentation using the Case Management System (CMS)
- Develops referrals, performs basic public relation functions and partners with organizations, schools, physicians, etc. to coordinate services for consumers
- Works with employers to perform job development, job analysis and follow-up services to ensure the job placements are consistent with consumers' unique strengths, abilities and interests, as outlined in Individual Plans for Employment (IPEs)