The Video & Graphic Designer is responsible for creating engaging and exciting visual content and experiences as they relate to marketing deliverables; responsible for conceptualizing and developing creative solutions that meet business objectives in a timely manner. Reports to the departmental project manager.
Must possess the ability to:
- Collaborate with team members to deliver creative solutions that meet business objectives
- Take direction from Copy and Engagement Specialist as it relates to best social media deliverables to achieve client goals
- Ability to combine strategy, design, and creative content
- Continually explore opportunities to enhance, improve, and expand the customer experience
- Maintain knowledge of industry standards and trends
- Prepares layouts, designs, artwork, and formats for use in publication and /or social media design
- Layout and scale photos, marking them for proper screen values for print reproduction or specified social media platform.
- Produce artwork such as graphs, maps, charts, posters, signs and report covers
- Planning and delivering from start to finish, concepts by studying relevant information and materials.
- Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval.
- Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for product animation, illustrations, company logos, websites, videos, moving images, and social media platforms.
- 2+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of success
- Proven conceptual and design abilities
- Excellent layout and design skills with an understanding of type and imagery along with color composition
- Possess an understanding of related creative tracks: design, development, and content strategy
- Expected to easily function independently and collaboratively, bringing fresh thinking, an open mind and a strong work ethic to the team environment
- Must demonstrate a sophisticated level of craft and inventiveness throughout work, from simple projects to the more complex, and across multiple disciplines
- Creativity, versatility and an eye for detail are key attributes
- Ability to create a distinct visual hierarchy of various elements
- Ability to clearly articulate creative ideas and concepts and present those ideas in a compelling and persuasive manner
- Excellent oral and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate attitude for the clients
- Alignment to GSM vision and core values
- Strong knowledge of and proficient in entire Adobe Suite
- Bachelor’s degree required in design-related discipline: Interaction, Information or Interface design; Design Planning; Graphic Design
- INNOVATIVE: Generates and explores different, creative, imaginative or unique approaches; challenges conventional practices; thinks outside the box.
- ANALYSIS: Evaluates different alternatives and selects or recommends the one that best meets the business and professional need of the situation without regard for personal biases.
- CONCEPTUAL THINKING: Applies common sense, theory, and experience to decision-making; interprets data for discrepancies and trends, and recognizes subtle patterns; identifies key issues or uses inductive reasoning in complex situations.
- COMMUNICATION: Ability to communicate creative options and recommendations both verbally and in writing.
- WORKLOAD MANAGEMENT: Works with little direction and supervision, timely completion of projects, makes time for unplanned assignments, adapts to changing priorities
- ETHICS AND INTEGRITY: Consistent in the application of policies and procedures. Ability to use sound judgment
- CONTINUING EDUCATION: Consistently gain new skills for your trade and implement them flawlessly.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $31,200.00 to $35,000.00 /year
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- graphic design: 2 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance