Veterinary technicians are critical to Metzger Animal Hospital and we are very proud of our 15 certified veterinary technicians (including 2 certified technician specialists or VTS) and 10 veterinary assistants. Veterinary technicians and veterinary assistants are responsible for client and patient care and for assisting our general and specialist veterinarians.
- Certified and/or experienced (three + years in field) veterinary technician with good client communication and telephone skills.
- Must also be able to lift 35 pounds, be on their feet for extended periods of time, and be able to work daytime, night, and evening shifts.
- Must be customer service oriented and friendly, possess good telephone etiquette, grammar and spelling skills.
- Professional appearance required, scrubs are to be worn at all times and are furnished by the employee.
- Must be able to react quickly in emergency situations that require immediate attention.
- Must be proficient with drug calculations.
- Must be able to administer injections, perform venipuncture (including IV catheter placement) of animal.
- Assist veterinarian in medical procedures using proper restraint, including restraint of fractious patients.
- Assist veterinarian in surgical procedures using proper aseptic technique.
- Monitor patients under anesthesia – including induction, intubation and ventilation.
- Should be proficient in digital radiographic techniques, including dental x-rays.
- Able to perform and assist with dental procedures.
- Upon hiring, all new employees will be subject to a 90 day probationary period. During this time, employment may be terminated at will as determined by management.
Hourly rate is based on experience. Our total compensation plan also includes:
- Health insurance plan (the hospital pays 50% of the total cost)
- Continuing education stipend
- Retirement plan (simple IRA)
- Employee Pet discount
- Technician license fee
- Paid Vacation/sick days
A background check will be performed. This is a Drug Free work place. Applicant must have reliable transportation
Submit resume to office manager Kristen Fletcher via [email protected]
Metzger Animal Hospital will notify you within 7 days if we request an interview.