Job Title: Receptionist
JOB TITLE: Receptionist
REPORTS TO: Veterinarian and Clinic Manager
WORK RELATIONSHIPS: Clinic Surgeon, Clinic Manager, Director of Clinic Operations, Executive Director, Staff and Volunteers
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This position is part-time
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Fast paced, high volume Spay/ Neuter clinic
This position encompasses two key areas of responsibility: Fast- paced data entry and client relations (in person and on the phone).
Job Summary: General reception duties with emphasis on data entry, client communication and care and handling phones.
The reception position includes many general reception duties as well as specific duties relating to a high pace/high quality wellness clinic. In this position, it is necessary to be able to multi-task data entry, phones, client communication and assisting in patient care. In this position, you will be the frontline in representing SNP LA to the public as well as addressing each animal’s specific requirements that enters the facility every day. This job is highly detailed oriented as well as repetitive in nature. It is essential to be able to speak knowledgably to clients about responsible animal ownership as well as surgical procedures, vaccine protocols, additional SNP LA protocols and animal education issues. The receptionist should have the ability to lift up to thirty (30) pounds, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. At all times, this position requires the receptionist to provide quality service to clients, patients, and staff and to represent SNP LA in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintaining the front office space and equipment in an orderly and appropriate manner i.e warmly great clients, monitor wait time, update client/patient information etc
- Ensuring all protocols are met for qualifying clients for discounted prices as well as appropriate grants
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed accurately by both client and SNP LA staff
- Ensuring the client understands all services SNP LA offers and receives requested services.
- Explaining SNP LA protocols concerning pick up and release of animals as well as additional policies i.e. no checks, carriers and leashes, hours of operation etc
- High volume data entry including client/patient information, medical notes and client charges information using SNP LA software
- Handle phones including making appointments, confirmation calls, follow up calls, checking voicemail, taking concise messages, and handling client concerns, questions, and complaints.
- Check email and use fax machine
- Charge clients out appropriately, collect cash and give change if necessary.
- Communicate post operative care instructions to clients and answer questions including specific instruction given by doctor or RVT
- Close out computer at end of day including cash deposit
- Communicate with staff and doctor during intake and release of animals ensuring appropriate timing
- Ability to lift and carry animals to and from all areas of the facility, including between front reception and surgical area
- Closing Clinic for day
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to read, write and English. Fluency in Spanish is optional
- Ability to perform basic calculations
- Ability to work with computers
- Good organizational, problem solving and multitasking skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to mange/handle stressful situations
- Demonstrate initiative and teamwork with receptionists and all staff members
Job Type: Part-time (Thursday, Friday & Saturday or Other days as needed)
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour