Our practice consists of five full-time doctors, one consulting surgery specialist, and an expanding team of licensed veterinary technicians, veterinary assistants, and receptionists. We care for all animals; horses to hamsters. We have a caring and dynamic group of doctors and support staff. We have a very busy and interesting patient population. Consider joining our positive, dedicated veterinary healthcare team!
Veterinary Assistant-Previous veterinary assistant experience STRONGLY encouraged
Part-Time to Full-time – Schedule would include Monday-Saturday and potentially Sundays
Assist veterinarians and technicians during appointments, hospital cases, and maintain the hospital’s everyday functionality.
Essential Job Duties
- Can lift 40 lbs.
- Must be comfortable around dogs and cats. Comfort handling/restraining birds, reptiles, and wildlife are greatly appreciated.
- Assist the doctors in procedures/consultations
- Assist the veterinary technicians with patient care and diagnostics
- Answering the phone and helping to schedule consultations and client callbacks
- Entering patient information into the database program
- Candidate must be comfortable with euthanasia and respectful of the process and remains care during transport
- Candidate must be able to multitask and have impeccable customer service skills
- Must be detail orientated
Candidate should be comfortable with basic computer work which would include but not limited to MS Word, MS Excel, and other web applications
HS Diploma or GED equivalent but college degree a plus
Previous veterinary assistant experience STRONGLYdesired
How to Apply
Applicants must send a Resume and Cover Letter
Appropriate candidates may be asked to provide references and perform a working interview
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time