We are seeking one full-time veterinary assistant/ kennel technician at Tri-County Small Animal Hospital in Oliver Springs, TN. If you have a positive attitude and will provide excellent patient care and client education, you are the person we’re looking for! Experience in the veterinary field is highly preferred.
Please email us your resume to us (tricountyanimal AT gmail.com) AND come in person to our office to fill out our paper application at Tri-County Small Animal Hospital, 1054 East Tri-County Blvd., Oliver Springs, TN. No phone calls please.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- obtaining patient histories
- assisting the veterinarian with patient care, treatment and surgery
- animal handling and restraint
- use of in-house laboratory equipment, taking radiographs (x-rays), and anesthesia monitoring
- client communication and education
- kennel duties (feeding, walking, bathing, and medicating boarding and hospitalized animals; housekeeping, including sweeping, mopping, laundry)
- administering medications and filling prescriptions
- lifting 40 lbs. with assistance
Hours are full-time and hourly wage is based on experience and negotiable. Some weekends will be required. Benefits include medical insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, and pet care discounts after a probationary period. Cat and dog love is available in endless supply.
We look forward to meeting you!
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Veterinary: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required