The role of Venue Attendant is critical to the success and safety of each event. The Venue Attendant oversees all aspects of the venue during the event. The Venue Attendant should conduct themselves with dignity and integrity at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cheerful and welcoming demeanor.
- Attention to detail.
- Be available to couple and bridal party for unexpected needs.
- Greet guests and welcome them to the property at the beginning of each event.
- Greet the main client and those closely associated with the client.
- Monitor front entrance and direct vendors to unload at the service entrance.
- Check and clean smudges from mirrors and windows.
- Turn on all outside parking lot lights.
- Check temperature of AC / Heating unit on an hourly basis.
- Check the men’s and women’s restrooms to assure a clean environment. Check toilet paper, paper towels, tissue, and soap dispensers once an hour.
- Clean the restroom and other areas of the venue as needed or when major spills occur.
- Walk around the venue and backyard on an hourly basis checking on water feature, lights, building and general issues that might arise.
- On an hourly basis, check that the garbage from the bar and other vendors are properly disposed of in the appropriate receptacles. It is the responsibility of the vendors to dispose of their own garbage.
- Have a solid knowledge of the AV system (inside hall and at ceremony site) and know how to demonstrate their function and trouble shoot in case of a problem.
- Pick up trash from Ceremony Site and discard.
- Monitor the volume of the music and request the music to be lowered as needed.
- Interact with individuals who have questions or concerns about the venue or event.
- Contact general manager or assistant manager at once when problems occur that are beyond your ability to handle.
- Do a sweep of all rooms to make sure they are clear of personal belongings.
- Bid farewell to the guests upon completion of each event.