PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Kenworth Truck Company
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World’s Best® heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. The company’s dedication to the green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, compressed and liquefied natural gas trucks, medium duty diesel-electric hybrids and battery electric trucks.
PACCAR is seeking energetic and proactive leaders with engineering background with interest in managing a team and executing multiple engineering design projects under a tight schedule for the development of next generation of The World’s Best® heavy and medium duty trucks. Scope of work includes personnel development, performance management, resource allocation, tracking progress, requirement and architecture specifications approval and functional safety concept approval in a fast-paced environment.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Lead Global alignment in definition of vehicle functionality
- Develop and manage a team of high performance engineers.
- Develop project execution plan using IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC).
- Identify project risks that affect schedule and delivery of work items.
- Champion continuous improvement and process optimization for increased efficiency.
- Align with cross-functional team members and leadership for development, implementation, verification and validation of current & future vehicle functions & features.
- Manage short-term and long-term goals for the team.
- Work with global teams to deliver common, cost-efficient solutions PACCAR-wide (Up to 10% travel may be required).
Qualifications & Skills
- BS in Engineering or related field required; MS in Engineering or related field and PE license preferred.
- Experience in leading a multi-disciplinary team with several parallel projects.
- Understanding of designing, developing, and validating embedded automotive technologies.
- Previous knowledge of vehicle control systems, embedded systems and microcontrollers preferred.
- Experience software development cycle for vehicle and powertrain controls, ISO26262, V-Model, UX/UI development, requirement engineering preferred.
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) preferred.
- Knowledge in systems such as: Simulink/Matlab, HP Quality Center, Rhapsody Team Concert, IBM Doors NG, preferred.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts, project plan, priorities and data in a simple yet accurate manner.
- Requires independent judgment and effective decision-making skills in a fast-paced work environment.