NexGen Technologies, Inc. is looking for an experienced and passionate Software Tester to join our team!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Liaison between user group and the Information Technology unit to communicate problems and possible solutions
- Resolve escalated problems encountered during daily operations and determine appropriate solutions
- Provide technical support in a Service Desk or Support Team setting, for users with complex and non-routine software problems, which includes: logging, troubleshooting, testing, adjusting, resolving, or referring problems to the appropriate Technical Team Member
- Fulfill service requests and resolving incidents submitted to the IT Service Desk
- Troubleshooting of complex and interconnected systems
- Collaborate with the team in the planning and performance of business process analysis of business activities and functions in assigned departments and agencies and participate in the subsequent design and implementation or improvement of integrated technology solutions
- Assist cross-functional teams to address and analyze business requirements and automated systems issues
- Assist in requirements gathering, functional decomposition, workflow analyses and logical system design tasks necessary to provide a complete solution for resolving business problems and exploiting integrated technology opportunities
- Assist in planning and executing unit, integration and acceptance testing
- Advise customers on best practices, application customizations and interface strategies
- Utilizes generic tools to analyze and manage data
- Ability to develop technical solutions through deep analysis and understanding of impact to the end-product/solution
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment to achieve day-to-day objectives that significantly impact operational results and deliverables
- Ability to work well under pressure and use of tact and diplomacy in dealing effectively
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment with minimal supervision
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics, or up to six months of related experience
The successful candidate will also be able to pass background screening prior to employment.
US Citizenship or work-authorization