** Paid Holidays / Vacation
** Full Benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance/401k)
** Plus Shift Differential (2nd Shift- $0.40; 3rd Shift- $0.75)
** We will be holding a hiring event on Tuesday, January 12th and Wednesday, January 13th from 8 am to 5 pm. Please stop by or send your resumes via email.
Key responsibilities include maintenance, set up and adjustment of plant equipment with responsibility for production and quality in a safe and efficient manner; other duties as assigned by management or supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and adjustments on production equipment, conveyors, pumps, motors and pneumatic systems; following blueprints, diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of production equipment using hand tools.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance and running adjustments.
- Repair machinery using machine shop tools, welders, sheet metal shop tools.
- Monitors equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies for repairs and projects.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending and participating in training for new equipment and systems.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Basic Minimum Requirements:
- Meet the legal minimum age requirement
- Authorized to work in the United States
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years mechanical maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- 1 year experience in performing changeovers, trouble shooting and repairs on high speed manufacturing lines
VVF is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, including the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or that the person is associated with a person who has, or is perceived to have, any of those characteristics, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable law. VVF is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail or call Human Resources at (913) 281-7444 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job Type: Full-time