The Annie Wright Upper School | Baishan program is seeking teachers in Qingdao, China, to begin August 2019. These are full time positions.
Tradition meets innovation at Annie Wright Schools, where we honor our rich history and traditions, embrace the present, and continue always to move forward. Founded in 1884, Annie Wright Schools serve students from age three through high school. Annie Wright Lower and Middle Schools offer co-ed programs in Preschool through Grade 8, while separate Upper Schools for boys and girls offer day and boarding options in Grades 9 through 12, welcoming students from around the world. We are proud to be an International Baccalaureate World School, delivering IB programs in every division.
Annie Wright’s strong community cultivates individual learners to become well-educated, creative and responsible citizens for a global society.
Position Overview: duties & responsibilities
Annie Wright Schools, based in Tacoma, Washington, has partnered with Baishan Education, based in Qingdao, China, to offer an Upper School program (Grades 9-12) to Chinese students who wish to pursue a university education in an English speaking country. For the 2019-2020 school year, the Annie Wright Upper School | Baishan program will begin with Grades 9 and 10 and add a level each year thereafter. The program will offer the IB Diploma Programme in Grades 11 and 12. For more information about Annie Wright Upper School | Baishan, visit our website.
For the 2019-2020 school year, Annie Wright Upper School | Baishan is seeking to fill the following faculty positions to teach at multiple levels:
Math & Science Teacher
Art & Graphic Design Teacher: The Art & Graphic Design teacher will teach multiple levels and subjects and must be able to offer a wide variety of academic courses courses and activities.
Annie Wright Upper School | Baishan teachers will:
- teach four sections in alignment with the mission of Annie Wright Schools and the International Baccalaureate framework;
- provide supervision at recess, lunch, for other activities;
- and fulfill other duties as assigned.
Annie Wright Upper School | Baishan teachers:
- hold a BA or its equivalent from an accredited college of university and teaching certification in their subjects;
- demonstrate fluency and the ability to teach in English;
- demonstrate familiarity with the International Baccalaureate programs, readiness and desire to teach IB Diploma courses (appropriate professional development for teaching IB courses will be provided), and enthusiasm for teaching students who are non-native English speakers;
- have a record of outstanding teaching and demonstrate flexibility;
Salary & benefits
Compensation includes competitive benefits and salary commensurate with experience.
Annie Wright Schools remain firmly committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. Annie Wright shall hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all other employment related decisions without regard to an employee’s race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, or any other basis prohibited by law. Applicants of diverse and underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply, email a cover letter, CV, and email and telephone contact information for 3-5 professional references, all in PDF format, to Mr. Robert Hinman, Director of Annie Wright Upper School | Baishan, at email@example.com. Applications for these positions will be accepted until April 15, 2019.