St. Joseph Orphanage is a comprehensive behavioral health and educational treatment agency that helps children and their families on the road to recovery and success. We are currently accepting applications from undergraduate and graduate level students looking for a Social Service Internship or Practicum.
We have availability at our Residential, Outpatient-Community based, Outpatient-School based and Intensive Services programs.
Here at SJO we want to provide college students with the opportunity to learn and grow in an environment that provides a wide range of generalized and individualized services. These programs and services focus on the specialized treatment and educations needs of children struggling with mental health and behavioral concerns.
- Attend agency meetings to develop an understanding of our programs and services.
- Shadow experienced Social Services Professionals
- Co-facilitate or observe group therapy sessions
- Conduct engagement and/or service coordination phone calls
- Clinical Support/Administrative work
Hours: Flexible hours within 8 to 5, Monday through Friday
- Undergraduate (non-billing) student Internship is unpaid
- Graduate (billing) Practicum is paid Ohio minimum wage
- You must be in an accredited degree program for Social Work, Family and Child Studies or Counseling.
- Enrolled in an accredited BSW program working towards an LSW or Associates/BA in Chemical Dependency Counseling.
Bachelor’s Degree and currently enrolled in an accredited Master’s Degree program (Counseling, Social Work, or Chemical
Dependency Counselor Program)
- Counselor in Training Status (CT) with Ohio Counselor Board OR Social Worker Trainee (SWT) status with Social Worker Board.
- Be 18 years of age, have a valid driver’s license, and proof of current automobile insurance.
- Have a clean driving record with no more than 5 points and be able to pass a background check.