Mercury has been named one of ‘America’s Best Employers’ in 2017, 2018 & 2019 and 'America's Best Employer for Women' in 2020 by Forbes magazine. At Mercury, people come first. We offer bonus potential, excellent benefits, matching 401(k), employee activities, and many more perks. Are you interested in working for a company that’s been recognized as one of ‘America’s Best Employers’?
Candidates can reside in the Austin, TX or Clearwater, FL areas.
The primary job function is, using independent judgment and discretion, designing, building, and facilitating an engaging learning and development strategy and program that ensures both new and existing employees in our Underwriting division are trained in a consistent, effective manner and have the skills and knowledge to provide the highest level of insurance expertise to Mercury’s customers.
The U/W Training Specialist plays a key role in Mercury’s growth and long-term success by shaping the Underwriting training experience. The incumbent creates compelling, up-to-date, and state-of-the-art courses and training materials. The UW Training Specialist conducts live instructor-led courses for new and existing employees in Underwriting and evaluates progress and actively assists new team members with understanding and demonstrating skills needed to successfully perform their underwriting job duties. In addition to possessing the specialized expertise in this area of the insurance industry, the U/W Training Specialist is self-starter who operates with significant autonomy on a day-to-day basis in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Essential Job Functions:
· Prepares and organizes course outlines, materials and teaching aids, and review existing procedures, tools and manuals. Keeps abreast of new developments and procedures within the complex field of insurance. Reviews and revises training content to ensure training is current and relevant. Consults with business leaders and subject matter experts to assess training needs and learning objectives to recommend solutions. Applies expert level knowledge of adult learning principals and concepts, instructional design theory, learning tools, industry resources, and measurement and evaluation methods.
· Conducts training classes ranging from one day to ten weeks on underwriting philosophy and use of systems. Acts in a leadership role for the duration of the class. Defines instructional objectives and selects appropriate delivery methods to appeal to all adult learning styles. Builds interactive learning experiences during the delivery of content using a variety of training methods and reinforcement strategies (e.g. case studies, stories, small group activities).
· Measures and analyzes trainee progress and performance through direct interaction and audits of work product. Acts as an advocate for employees addressing training and informational needs.
· Develops online training materials, courses, and tools utilizing e-learning and other software programs.
· Regular attendance at work on a full-time schedule of at least 8 hours daily and 40 hours per week.
Other functions may be assigned.
- Worker characteristics are normally acquired through the successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.).
- At least four (4) years of underwriting experience or two (2) years as a Senior Underwriter, or equivalent combination of education and experience, is desired.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Homeowners Insurance: 4 years (Preferred)
- Underwriting: 4 years (Preferred)
- Training: 4 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process