Adonis Auto is the highest rated Buy Here Pay Here integrated car dealership in Texas and Kansas. Essentially, Adonis functions not like a traditional car dealership but as a “transportation as a service” company (TaaS). The Company offers reliable cars, financing, full mechanical coverage, roadside assistance, collateral insurance, and even loaner cars. Adonis’ value proposition is guaranteed transportation in exchange for customers’ regular payments. This program enables Adonis customers to advance their careers and better their lives through reliable transportation – an economic necessity in Texas and other markets where public transit is not a viable alternative. Adonis isn’t merely selling cars – it’s selling transportation security.
Adonis does things the right way. In a used-car industry fraught with unscrupulous competition, Adonis chooses to stand out with transparency and true customer service. Customers continually comment on how nice it is to do business with a “non-shady” company.
Our company has been honored on the Inc.5000 list for two years in a row among the fastest-growing companies in America. We have plans in place to open 30 new stores in the coming years and scale our operations to serve customers across the country. However, we do not grow at the expense of quality or employee satisfaction. Not only do customers rate us highly (check us out on Facebook), but Adonis team members do too (via Glassdoor & Indeed).
To support our growing operations, we are recruiting a Underwriter / Office manager who will join us in Kansas. This addition to our team is necessary due record-levels of customer applications for our financing program. We need a strong individual with experience in financial underwriting to help handle this volume. At Adonis, we verify the information submitted on 100% of all finance applications.
This position reports to our Sales Manager and Verifications Manager. Schedule will be Monday-Saturday, with Sundays off plus one more day off during the week (Tues-Thurs). You will work approximately 50 hours per week.
· Call employers or use other creative methods to verify income of our customers applying for financing. We must ensure that A) the income is real and B) the income is consistent and likely to continue.
· Verify addresses and estimate the miles the customer will drive each year. This is extremely important in our program because we match the term length to the customer’s driving habits. We must avoid the situation of the customer wearing out the car with high mileage prior to full payoff.
· Call references of customer and verify they are real and meet Adonis standards.
· Communicate proactively with sales staff to ensure a smooth and efficient customer application experience at Adonis.
· Review credit history to ensure that the information entered into the underwriting algorithm is accurate in our tools.
· Assist Sales team with further training when necessary and maintain excellent internal relationships.
Qualifications & Experience
· 3+ years in Underwriting or related role at a consumer finance company. You need to be able to draw on previous experience and best practices you have seen.
· Ability to race up learning curves and understand our business. Previous experience in auto is not required or even desired, but you must get up to speed fast on the Adonis business model.
· Comfort with new media and technology. We are always seeking to improve our systems and software at Adonis.
· Previous Sales experience is a plus.
· Experience in customer service or other customer-facing function. You must handle difficult conversations with customers professionally and in a friendly manner.
· Strong work ethic in support of Adonis’ culture of hustle, transparency, fun, & frugality.
· Passion for truly understanding customers and tailoring our services to solve their problems.
Related keywords: underwriter, insurance, underwriting manager, finance, mortgage underwriting manager
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Underwriting: 1 year (Preferred)
- English and Spanish (Preferred)
- One location
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place