Join our Agency team! First American's Agency Division is dedicated to providing our policy-issuing agents with resources, services and underwriting guidance needed to achieve new levels of success. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
- Provides underwriting support, counsel, and authorization to company personnel, agents, and customer(s), related to the issuance of real estate title insurance commitments and policies.
- Utilizes underwriting standards and guidelines to underwrite the issuance of title insurance.
- Provides guidance to company personnel in the performance of real estate settlement services.
- Collaborates with underwriting colleagues for communicating underwriting and real estate settlement information to agents and team members.
- Supports the development and maintenance of effective business relationships, including participation in educational programs, industry organizations and events.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong understanding of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of real estate title and settlement process.
- General knowledge of Federal and State regulations related to real estate title insurance and settlement services.
- General understanding of underwriting real estate transactions for the issuance of title insurance policies.
- Ability to collaborate and act decisively.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and timely follow up.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Requires abstract thinking and creative solutions.
- Law Degree required
- Admitted to practice in state of employment.
Typical Range of Experience
- 5-7 years title underwriting or related experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of real estate law.
License or Certification
- Licensed to practice law in Vermont, in good standing
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.