Venado helps companies address business challenges related to first line mobile workers through technology applications. Venado is the only company with a training and adoption platform focused exclusively on first line mobile workforces. Because Venado works exclusively with organizations with large field workforces, we understand the technical and business needs they encounter deeply.
We were founded on the principal of customers for life. That belief guides every interaction we have and forms the basis for every decision we make. It means we take the long view with our clients and every employee is motivated to “do the right thing”. It drives our obsession with transparency, a fixation on achieving the business outcome and who we hire. If that sounds like what drives you, we would love to hear from you. We are growing and we’re looking for talented, knowledgeable teammates to grow with us.
The Opportunity: UI/UX Designer
If you’re looking for ping pong tables, free beer and breakfast, we’re probably not a good fit. While we want people to find joy in their work, we sometimes have to grind through some things that aren’t fun.
If you’re looking to work with a passionate, experienced team of problem solvers who like challenges, pushing new limits, and making the impossible possible, you should keep reading.
Venado is looking for a motivated and talented UI/UX Designer to join our growing team. We have launched a new SaaS platform named Skyllful. With the Skyllful platform, we are transforming how companies ensure adoption of mobile apps while extracting the most value from their field technology investments. The Skyllful platform enables our clients to deliver technology training to the mobile worker where they are, on the device they already use.
This is an opportunity to join a new growth team inside an established company with Fortune 500 clients.
This is a creative and analytical position that requires someone that can work with multiple platforms, industries, and personas. For example, in a typical week, this designer may find themselves working on a new mobile application design for oil field workers and then switch to designing a dashboard for business stakeholders in manufacturing.
If you like contributing value in a variety of ways, this is the job for you.
Potential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interview potential users, stakeholders, and business analysts to understand the digital application needs for an initiative
- Collaborate with Business Analyst to define user personas
- Catalog the appropriate UI components patterns that should be used
- Create wireframes to solicit early iteration feedback
- Develop clickable prototypes for presentations and user studies
- Document usability KPIs that can be measured in an app analytics platform
- Translate a design concept across multiple platforms: iOS, Android, Desktop, and Web
- Assist the training services group by recreating screenshots in Adobe XD
- Communication – Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. You should be a great writer, speaker, and listener.
- Fearlessly Creative – Willing to try different ideas without worrying about failing
- Positivity – a positive and energetic presence online and offline.
- Curiosity – Demonstrated capability of learning customer pain points, requirements and correlating potential business to value that can be provided by Venado and the Skyllful offering.
- Empathetic – Has the ability to see things from others’ perspective
- Integrity – High level of integrity and strong commitment to building a successful company
- Motivated – Must be self-motivated, persistent, and able to work independently
- Coachability – Must be eager for feedback and continuous skill development
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- 3+ years experience creating designs for digital applications
- Demonstratable proficiency with Adobe products (Photoshop, XD, Illustrator, etc.…)
- Ability to create prototypes with InVision, XD, etc.
- A complete understanding of the media format and size needs for different application platforms
- Experience designing experiences for iOS, Android, and web
- Familiarity of basic design principles such as symmetry, type, space, etc.
- Comfort communicating via Slack and email as well as in person
Important: In addition to resume, candidates need to submit links to an online portfolio of their work. Do not send anything that is protected, confidential information.