This person will be able to assemble rigging to lift and move various equipment and materials to and from industrial work areas by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selects cables, ropes, pullup, winches, blocks and sheaves according to weight and size of load to be moved.
- Attach pullup and blocks to fixed overhead structures, such as beams, ceilings and gin pole boom with bolts and clamps.
- Assembles and disassembles cranes.
- Splices rope and wire cables to make or repair slings or tackle.
- Attach load with grappling devices, such as loops, wire rope and chains to crane hook.
- Gives direction to operator engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and material handled using hand signals and radios.
- Sets up, braces and rigs hoisting equipment using hand tools and power wrenches.
- Responsible for observing and monitoring others observance of all safety rules.
- Maintain current certifications to meet regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Required for this Position:
Education – no minimum education requirements.
Experience – 3-5 years of Journeyman level experience.
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.