This position is part of a team of builders that focus on assembling wood truss components into roof and floor trusses according to engineered drawings. Truss Assembly 2
or Truss Assembly 3 will represent different levels of experience and ability to build within each assembly team.
- Commitment to customer service for both internal and external customers, both in attitude and approach
- Maintain the quality, productivity, and the labeling of the trusses produced according to assigned production schedules, complete assembly of needed trusses in order to meet delivery schedule of customer requests
- Assemble trusses according to shop drawings correctly, matching lumber and plate specs for how truss isdesigned
- Work in a safe manner, adhering to company safety policies and procedures, being mindful of your safety, as well as that of your build team and others in the plant, wearing all
- Ensures plates are sized, placed, and attached correctly prior to pressing
- Upkeep of working area, keeping areas clean and inventory organized
- Any other duties as requested by management
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as truss shop drawings, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to accurately
interpret engineered shop drawings.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, a decimals. Ability to read a tape measure
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and hear, often required to climb or
balance. Occasionally required to walk.
- Regularly required to lift up to 50 lbs and occasionally required to lift up to 110 lbs.
- Regularly required to use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet/Drugfree Workplace