Bergey’s Inc. is a family owned business that has been servicing our customers’ needs since 1924. Currently our company has over 30 locations and more than 1,000 employees. Today our family of automobile, truck and tire companies stretch into Eastern Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia. Visit us at www.bergeys.com to learn more about our company.
We strive to provide and environment for our associates and customers that is welcoming, transparent and forward thinking. Our employees are our greatest asset. We promote and develop individual strengths, as well as, grow our employees personally and professionally. Together we can make a difference.
Perform tire repairs, replacements & general service to tires and wheels at customer's location, on the road or at the shop.
Location: Bergey's Commercial Tire, Boyertown PA
Shift: Full Time
- Management team that is driven to see you succeed
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Family-Owned & Operated
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Raise vehicle with hydraulic jack, use air tools and heavy hand-held tools
- Mount, dismount, balance, replace, and repair Passenger & Light Truck
- Perform Alignments on Passenger & Light Trucks
- Ability to recognize repairable tires and properly perform repair.
- Communicate all work performed via legible writing on tags, work orders and/or invoices.
- Perform all tasks in a safe and efficient manner. Use all provided safety equipment including seat belts, gloves, jack stands, wheel chocks, safety glasses, and cages.
- Maintain safe driving record
- Operate commercial service truck
- Perform daily maintenance to vehicle, tools and equipment.
- Maintain professional relationship with customers
- Performs oil changes and other basic maintenance on Passenger & Light Trucks
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Knowledge of Passenger/Light Truck tires mandatory
- Mechanical experience a plus
- Good Customer service skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must be or willing to get TIA certified (training will be provided)
- Valid Driver's License
- Successful completion of pre-employment background checks and drug screening
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work standing up, walk, use hands and fingers to operate tools and equipment, and speak and listen, both over the phone and in person to customers and fellow employees, in order to perform the above listed duties. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to work in a seated position, climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75-100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. On feet for entire shift, able to lift/bend throughout shift.
Bergey's is an equal opportunity employer.