Penske is widely known for its success on the racetrack, but did you know we employ thousands of truck drivers? Join our team of professional truck drivers at Penske Logistics and you’ll drive like a champion hauling freight for some of the world’s best brands in retail, food, beverage, grocery, foodservice, automotive, manufacturing, electronics, appliances, healthcare, and packaging industries. We manage freight for companies like Ford, GM, BMW, Detroit Diesel, Goodyear, Cardinal Health, Whirlpool, and Wawa. Our professional truck drivers ensure products are delivered safely, efficiently and on-time.
Why Penske? Home daily for most positions. Excellent pay and benefits. BENEFITS AVAILABLE DAY 1! Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support. Dedicated accounts. Great supervisors. Paid time off. 401K. Cash balance pension plan. Training. Tuition Reimbursement. Unlimited career potential.
Route/Activity – Truck drivers are responsible for mostly Drop/Hook deliveries using XRS and Cellcom to farms within a 65-mile radius. Routes average 280-300 miles with 4-6 stops to farms delivery feed, and live product. Drivers will be responsible for loading and unloading feed, eggs, or chicks. Live Haul drivers will be responsible for binding and unbinding trailer, as well as drop and hook.
Schedule – Planned 5-day workweek consisting of day shift crew and night shift crew. 6 th occasionally if customer volume is high.
Equipment – 2015 Freightliner Day Cabs with 48’ & 53’ bulk tankers, flatbeds, and reefers.
Compensation – Activity Base Pay for Feed (.54/mile, $14/delivery stop, $3.50/live load, $16.48/hour delay after the first hour) Hourly Pay for Live Haul ($16.48/hr. with OT after 40 Hours) Hourly Pay for Hatchery ($17.51/hr. with OT after 40 hours) Drivers are paid weekly
- Loading, unloading, or assisting in loading and unloading truck.
- Safe and responsible operation of assigned equipment.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route.
- Primary interface with the customer at point of delivery.
- CDL Class A license required
- 2 years of verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience in the last 5 years
- 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations/accidents
- Reliable and customer oriented
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
- The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 170 Bethel Rd Monetta, SC
Primary Location: United States-South Carolina-Monetta
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Driver
Req ID: 1905560