The Dispatcher is responsible for the management of efficient timely service to all clients. The dispatcher will work and communicate closely with Motor Carriers to ensure clients receive timely deliveries and excellent customer service. The dispatcher is also responsible for communicating effectively with Motor Carriers to ensure accurate and complete documentation of delivery.
- Works with customers, account management, and operations to manage delivery service.
- Communicates with Motor Carriers to ensure timely delivery to clients.
- Communicates with customers to verify accurate staging and delivery of bulk material.
- Responsible for sorting and preparing all delivery paperwork.
- Ability to operate routing software to effectively manage deliveries
- Works with and assists operators and customers to problem solve and provide excellent customer service.
- Manages incidents/accidents that may occur and reports appropriately to the Safety team.
- Responsible for communicating canceled or rescheduled deliveries to end customer and client
- Provide excellent customer service by ensuring timely and efficient delivery service for customers according to offered route schedules.
- Confer with customers or supervising personnel in order to address questions, problems, complaints, and requests for service.
- Keep customers notified of changes with route schedules.
- Maintain appropriate customer data, including key contacts or address changes.
- HS/GED or equivalent experience required; Associates Degree or other vocational/technical school training beyond high school is preferred.
- 2 year's courier, logistics, and customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, & routing software.
- Interpersonal skills; ability to foster teamwork and motivate/coach others.
- Knowledge of the local and regional geographical area.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Accurately and quickly read maps.
- Experience with knowledge of DOT
- Make optimum decisions under pressure and time constraints.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Benefits Include Medical, Dental, Vision and Vol Life, and 401(K)
Job Type: Full-time