The TRANSPORTATION COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR shall assume full responsibility of all assigned essential functions and responsibilities under the direction of the Rental & Logistics Manager, yet work closely and cooperatively with all mechanics and other members of the Fleet Team.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide administrative oversight of transportation compliance and record-keeping for all company equipment. In addition, the position shall ensure all FMCSA safety and DOT requirements are met; equipment is properly licensed and titled, and DOT inspections are completed as required.
To be successful, the individual shall competently demonstrate sound judgement and adherence to state compliance; business strategy development; administrative policy, procedure development, and fiduciary responsibilities. Ultimately, the Transportation Compliance Coordinator shall strive to consistently provide courteous, professional, timely, and efficient services to all internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently demonstrate commitment and support for the Sterling Vision and Mission, policies, and procedures.
- Pursue continuous improvement activities to ensure efficiency within area of responsibility.
- Actively promote safety as the primary motivation for all transportation equipment operations.
- Provide close communication and collaboration with Sterling Environmental Construction Service personnel.
- Maintain awareness and compliance with all local, state, and federal requirements.
- Manage equipment systems including; WEX, Fleetmatics, IPASS, etc.
- Assist in the management of obtaining and tracking over-size load permits. Collaborate with ECS Field Operations personnel.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate DOT records.
- Conduct on-boarding process administration for new DOT employees, including drug-testing, MVR, etc.
- Maintain fixed-asset records including license/registration, title, etc.
- Identify proper coverage and manage insurance requirements for all equipment, expedite claims, and build relationships with insurance brokers/agents.
- Track fuel usage for transportation and heavy equipment. Submit reports and documents to federal authorities, as required.
- Identify and mitigate risk by initiating the development of effective policy and procedures.
- Conduct on-site DOT and transportation audits.
- Maintain and track Approved Drivers List.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- College degree in Logistics, Business Management, Construction, or equivalent related field experience.
- 5+ years Fleet Compliance or Fleet Management experience required.
- OSHA 10 Certification preferred, but will train.
- CPR/ First Aid Certification preferred, but will train.
- Must possess valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
Sterling Site Access Solutions is a EEO/AAP employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.