Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek is in the logistics business. Over the past 50 years, our associates built Saddle Creek into what it is today by treating each other with respect and working together to succeed. Our people make a difference every day to our clients, to our business, and to each other. The growth and success we’ve experienced requires smart, dedicated people working in a supportive environment.
Growing our family since 1966. Will you join us?
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Main Objective; Schedule all loads, (inbound/outbound), track orders; acting liaison between customer and Saddle Creek. Answer questions, offer solutions, research issues in a timely and professional manner – Assist customers on all issues.
- Process customer orders on a timely and accurate basis according to customer requirements.
- Provide current /accurate updates and documentation to customers in real time via emails or through their own on-line portals.
- Coordinate special projects between the customer and Saddle Creek.
- Communicate work instructions to drivers – timely dispatching.
- Enter data efficiently / accurately into software systems.
- Provide real time driver and load status updates in the TruckMate software system.
- Perform clerical and administrative functions including sorting, filing, distributing transportation documents
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor or Management
- Tracking / monitoring drivers using PeopleNet software system
High School Diploma or GED required; Must have at 2 – 4 years of experience in a customer service role (transportation experience preferred); Strong computer skills – must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; Experience with TruckMate and PeopleNet a plus – brokerage experience will be very helpful; Ability to multi-task and keep track of several shipments/conversations for numerous clients simultaneously; Up to date knowledge of DOT and FMCSA rules/regulations preferred; Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written and be very detail oriented; Ability to work overtime, alternate shifts and/or holidays as business needs require; Professionally communicate with customers, other associates and management; Shift/Hours Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Overtime and weekend/holiday work as needed/required
Salary Range $16.00 – $18.00/hr depending on experience.