Join Ames Community School District, where your journey matters! ACSD promotes an educational environment that is racially, ethnically, linguistically, and culturally diverse to broaden students' academic experience and to enrich our District. We are focused on creating and supporting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion within the organizational culture and in our community.
Ames Community School District is seeking a Transportation Assistant/District Office Receptionist for the 2021-22 school year. Under the direction of the Director of Special Education, this position is responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support to the District Office and to act as the main District liaison with Durham, the contracted company which provides busing services for the District. The person serving in this position will be a positive and welcoming face to the District Office. In addition, this position will support a broad array of services to personnel and visitors. This position will have the opportunity to work with multiple departments and personnel at the district level.
The mission of the Ames Community School District is to ensure that all learners develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, values, and personal esteem necessary to grow in and shape a changing society.
- Creates a sense of belonging and a welcoming environment for all families.
- Acts as liaison between Durham, parents of ACSD students, and our building staff.
- Maintains communication with parents as to their students' bus schedule.
- Maintains the most updated status regarding bus route changes due to new students and new requests.
- Provides strong customer service for parents, including problem-solving bus stop concerns, new requests for busing services, etc.
- Provides strong customer service for Durham, including organization requests, creative problem-solving, and communication to parents.
- Acts as advocate for both Durham and parents.
- Processes purchase orders for Technology Department.
- Tracks District’s software licenses.
- Support data entry and management in the student information system.
- Assists with address updates in Infinite Campus with collaboration/direction from the District Registrar.
- Serves the District Office welcome desk, answers phones, and greets visitors.
- Directs guests to various areas of the building or the District.
- Assists with the registration process.
- Helps with projects/tasks from various personnel at the District Office.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Ability to pass a background check required.
- Bilingual abilities in Spanish preferred.
The successful candidate will exhibit:
- Knowledge and ability to work effectively and collaboratively with multicultural/ethnic students, staff, and community populations.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and equipment.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures to include recordkeeping, filing, and reporting methods.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to handle confidential work with tact and discretion.
- Ability to interact with other staff, students, and the public to obtain and provide information.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret and follow oral and written instructions.
- Skill in the operation and minor adjustment and maintenance of office machines as job assignments require (i.e. personal computer, calculator, other office equipment).
- Displays high standards of ethical conduct and exhibits honesty and integrity.
- Committed to quality service.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates responsible behavior and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Google Docs, email, spreadsheets, etc.
COMPENSATION: $16.73 per hour
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm, 12-month position
Candidates, please follow the link to apply online: www.applitrack.com/amesk12/OnlineApp/JobPostings/View.asp?AppliTrackJobId=491
All employees of the Ames Community School District must pass a background check. ACSD is an E-Verify employer.
To learn more about the Ames Community School District, visit our websites:
- District Website
- Amazing Magazine
It is the policy of the Ames Community School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy please contact Kristin Johnson, Human Resources Director, [email protected], District Offices, 2005 24th St. Ames, IA 50010, (515) 268-6610.